The Venetian stone bridge of Platanias, named San Marco, crosses the river Platanias and is a single arched bridge with an arc length of 17.8m, width of 8m and height 3.65m. The bridge is the longest single-arch bridge in Crete.
The bridge is in a fairly good condition despite being abandoning by the state. At the top of the arc two arm coats are found, worn by time. According to Gerola, one Greek inscription wrote the date of construction (1582) by some monks of the monastery Arsaniou.
On January 25, 1822, the bridge was the battleground between Delligiannakis’ men and the Turks, where the Greeks won.