The monastery of Kera Eleoussa is located next to the village Voritsio and belongs to the monastery of Agarathos. The monastery is built on a hill at three different levels, because of the slope.
It is a Venetian monastery with fortress architecture, with its embrasures having survived. The main gate with its triangular pediment leads to a small courtyard where you meet the stable and the pantry. From there, a staircase leads to the central courtyard, surrounded by the monks' cells, an olive oil mill and the wine press. There is also a second gate on the south side, leading to the village Charaso.
The main church of the monastery was built on an older temple, as proved by a stone pillar in the courtyard. Inside the church there are two tombs of monks and another at the entrance of the temple. At the entrance of the church there was a marble reservoir, part of which is exposed today in the museum of St. Catherine (in Heraklion).
- 1606: The monastery of Kera Eleoussa is founded on the the ruins of an older temple (or maybe earlier than 1606).
- 1635: The monastery is owned by the Sinai Saint Cathrine Monastery.
- 1669: After the occupation of Crete by the Turks, the miraculous icon of Panagia is transferred to Zante (Zakynthos), in the museum of which it is exposed today.
- 1821: The monastery is transferred to the monastery of Agarathos (for others it was before 1669).
- 1988: Unknown steals a relief marble deer.
- 1998: Unknown steals an inscription mentioning the date 1617.