Panagia Pantanassa

Avdou

Panagia Pantanassa church at Avdou
(1 Vote)

The church of Panagia Pantanassa (dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary) is located in a wooded area west of the village Avdou and was built in 1600 at the expense of Nikolaos Ligizos. The church bears a beautiful embossed marble doorframe and backside frame.

hotels booking Crete

Additional Info

  • Location: Heraklion Prefecture
  • Type: Church
  • Peak Period: Venetian Era (1204 AD - 1669 AD)
  • Accessibility: Dirt track

Also read:

Download Free Premium Joomla Templates • FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs BIGtheme.net