The church of Saint Basil is located to the north of the village of Vavouledo, province Kissamos, which is one of the many neighborhoods of Palea Roumata. The current church is the extension in the 19th century of the initial smaller single-nave arched church of the Savior Christ, dating back to the 15th century. The two temples communicate with an opening on the south wall of the aisle of Christ.
The old temple bears rich fresco decoration dating back to 1461, according to the inscription on the east wall. Abraham's Hospitality is depicted on the east wall. The lower zones on the walls depict standing and military saints, the reinforcing arch (sfendonio) depicts four prophets, and the arch houses scenes from the evangelical cycle.