On the side of the national road connecting Agios Nikolaos to Pahia Ammos, above the wetland Almyros, we meet a small chapel with panoramic sea views, called Saint George Tragopiastis. While it gives the impression of a new church, it dates back from the Venetian Era and its interior was adorned by frescoes, covered by plaster.
In the church there is an icon of 1855 representing Saint George holding a sword, instead of the usual spear. It is believed that the painter wanted to get the message of the battle against the Turks.
No images found.