By Sarchos we meet one of the most impressive churches of Cretan innerland with a beautiful relief entrance and rear window, which is dedicated to the Birth of the Virgin Mary. The church dates back to the 14th century and is double-aisled, bearing very important frescoes.
It is believed that Panagia Kera was the temple of a small monastery, as we see traces of monk cells. The initial temple was single-aisled (14th century) with the second aisle added in the 15th century. The initial aisle bears an amazing relief doorway with the date 1635. The apse of a sanctuary is decorated with stone pillars ending in a Corinthian type capital.