The monastery of Chrysopigi was built in a wooded ravine with plane trees by the village Pirgou, on the road heading to Sarchos. but now does not operate. Its name Chrysopigi means golden spring and is taken after the source of water in the courtyard.
The oldest surviving reference to the monastery of Chrysopigi in Pyrgou is from 1577. The monastery seems to have been independent during the Venetian occupation and even during its peak numbered up to 70 monks, while it had under its possesion extended agricultural land. The monastery of Saint George Gorgolainis in Asites, the monastery of Saint Anthony in Petali, Saint George Mesabelitis, the ruined church of Saint Tryfonas in Kazola and Saint John in Plakouria were dependent on Chryssopigi monastery.
It was known for wine production and this is reflected even today by the numerous carved wine presses in the area, such as at Mesabelitis and at Zoodochos Pigi, as well as the wine warehouses at position Skepasta. However, during the revolution of 1821, it was destroyed and its monks moved to the fortified monastery of Saint George Gorgolainis, which took the monastery of Chrysopigi and its property under its jurisdiction. Today it does not function as a monastery, but is a favorite meeting place for the entire province of Malevizi during the feast day of the Life-Giving Spring (Zoodochos Pigi).
Today, the two aisles of Zoodochos Pigi and Agios Titos (Saint Titus) are preserved from the original three-aisled church, while the third was dedicated to Saint Nicholas (Agios Nikolaos). Inscriptions with the names of monks are preserved next to the temple. Remains of a grape press and an olive press, a monk's tomb and the remains of the cells are also preserved next to the church. Until 1920, the monastery functioned as a cemetery of Pyrgou.