Church of Panagia

Keramoutsi

Panagia church at Keramoutsi
(1 Vote)

The church of Our Lady (Panagia) at Keramoutsi was originally a single-nave temple and bore frescoes. From the original building survives the eastern part (the apse) with folk art frescoes of the 14th century. In the 16th century the church, for some unknown reason, was renovated and converted into a cruciform temple with a dome.

hotels booking Crete

Additional Info

  • Location: Heraklion Prefecture
  • Type: Church
  • Peak Period: Venetian Era (1204 AD - 1669 AD)
  • Accessibility: Paved road

Also read:

Download Free Premium Joomla Templates • FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs BIGtheme.net