Founded by the Region of Crete, the Cretan Gastronomy Center is housed in a three-floor building of neoclassical architecture built in 1933 called “Archontiko Manousaki” in Argiroupoli village, Rethymno.
The Center is run by the Agronutritional Cooperation of the Region of Crete. Its aim is to connect the primary sector to tourism and to promote Cretan Gastronomy through educational and evidence-based programs for children and adults.
- Display space and exhibit space for certified products with brand «crete»
- Local products tasting
- Cooking shows and lessons for small groups
- Info point – Information about the Cretan Diet, traditional recipes and the culinary culture of Crete, also tourist information about gastronomic routes and tourist trips.
- Library and free access to audiovisual material
- Free Wi-Fi
Learn more about the Cretan Diet and the Cretan products
The local products of the island, such as olive oil, dairy products, honey, endemic plants and various wild herbs, have formed the eating habits of Cretan people and have contributed to the fame of Cretan diet for being the healthiest nutritional model in the world. This explains why the Cretan Diet is the base for the so-called “Mediterranean Diet”.
Above all, the Cretan Diet is a way of life which includes values such as hospitality, family, but also fast and daily exercise. The Cretan Diet is not just what we eat but the way we live our life and cultivate, and this is what we invite you to discover here in the Cretan Gastronomy Center!!
Find out about our activities:
- Tasting local products, 5 Euros, duration 1 hour
- Olive Oil tasting, 10 Euros, duration 1 hour
- Cooking Lesson, 2 traditional Cretan recipes served with wine from local winery, 20 Euros, duration 4 hours
upon request , for small groups of max 10 people The participation of children up to 6 years old is free
- Cretan breakfast in our garden. Greek coffee and traditional breakfast, 5 Euros
Opening hours: 09.00 – 15.00
Every day (except for Saturday and Sunday)