The cruciform Church of Panagia at Fodele (11th century), opposite the Museum of El Greco, is located at position Loubinies. It was built at the site of the central aisle of a three aisled Early Christian basilica dating back for the 6th century and its initial dimensions were 16mx12m. The floor was decorated with marble. Today there is still a part of the external walls, a baptistery, and two pillars embedded in the walls of Panagia church.
The church bear two layers of frescoes of very high quality, however in parts. The oldest layer is located in the west corner dates back to the 11th century. The frescoes of the south part of the cross dates back to 1323.