The shorelines of province Viannos hosted several small monasteries in the medieval times, most of which were abandoned and destroyed by pirate raids. They then moved to more protected and mountainous positions and the churches of most of them are still in place, yet the monasteries do not operate.
The church of Agios Georgios is located in the plane of Ano Viannos, on the road that leads to the Monastery of Agia Moni. It is a small vaulted and single-aisled church with its interior bearing frescoes of Ioannis Mousouros, dating back to the beginning of the 15th century (there is the date 1401). The temple was built at the expense of Georgios Damoro.
The temple of Agia Pelagia is located at an elevated point with panoramic views of Ano Viannos town and can be accessed by walking through the narrow and scenic alleys of the village.
The early Byzantine church of Saint Theodore of Amasea (Agios Theodoros Stratilatis) is located in the village Hondros, province Viannos, where the old cemetery of the village used to be. The outdoor space has been transformed into a beautiful spacious park.
The village with this rich religious tradition hosts many churches. Among them are the Byzantine church of Saint George and the half-ruined church of the Panagia (Virgin Mary) dedicated to the Presentation of the Virgin Mary.