By the highway at position Gazi we find the church of Agia Marina, celebrated on July 17. The church of Agia Marina is doubled aisled with the second aisle dedicated to Saint Spiriodon. Saint Spyridon, which was the original church, was built in 1901 by the Andreas Kalokerinos. Kalokerinos after the departure of the Ottomans from Crete acquired a huge fortune in the most fertile part of the whole of Crete, the province Malevizi. He once donored the building of the church of St. Spyridon in which some years later was added the second aisle of Agia Marina. The church today is surrounded by tall pines and cypresses. Inside it hosts a very simple interior icon shrine.