At this point there is a rough unknown windmill group that consisted of 10 mills and operated until May 1867. In these mills, local chieftains had gathered their wounded men during the titanic ten-day battle of Lassithi.
However the Turks managed to reach the place and set fire to the windmills. Over the flames, they burned the wounded men. After the battle, the mills were moved to positions Katakalou and Asfendami, and later at the current position of the imposing windmill park of Ambelos, at the North entrance of Lassithi plateau.
Today, this haunted place is left alone to his fate and a very limited number of Cretans know its story.