⭐ Travel Guide for Island Crete ⛵, Greece❗ - Search results
Church of Saint Ambrose at Kalloni
The only one church dedicated to Saint Ambrose is located in Crete and specifically at Kalloni near Heraklion. It is the main church of the village and is double- aisled.
Read more...

Church of Panagia Galatiani at Malia
The church of Panagia Galatiani or Galeniani is located in Malia and consists of three aisles, as a result of the successive addition of two aisles to the originally single-naved 14th-century temple that today forms the central aisle. The three aisles are dedicated to the…
Read more...

Church of Agia Marina at Moulefe
The church of Agia Marina in the green area of Moulefe belongs to the administrative boundaries of Panagia village of Pediada province. This was formerly a strategic point, as the roads to the Sanctuary of Hermes and Aphrodite in Symi, the Ancient Erganos and the…
Read more...

Lord Christ church at Kassani
A few meters southwest to the village Kassani of Pediada province and near the old village fountain there is the single-nave arched church of the Savior Christ dedicated to the Birth of Jesus. It was built on the site of an older temple, as evidenced…
Read more...

Saint George Tzeneralidon church at Xidas
Very close to the settlement of Xidas, today called Lyttos after the nearby ancient town Lyttos, we meet the church of Saint George (Agios Georgios) at position Tzeneralidon (there is also the church of Saint George inside the archaeological site of Lyttos).
Read more...

Agia Zoni church at Agies Paraskies
The large temple of the Agia Zoni (Cincture of Virgin Mary) is located inside the village of Agies Paraskies and celebrates the day of the Cincture of the Theotokos (August 31) which is the last day of the Greek Orthodox church year. The church dates…
Read more...

Panagia church at Sklaverochori
The large cemeterial church of Panagia at village Sklaverochori is dedicated to the Entry of the Most Holy Theotokos into the Temple (celebrates November 21). The church dates back to the 14th century (there is an engraving with date 1481).
Read more...

Panagia church at Kastamonitsa
The church of the Panagia (Virgin Mary) in Kastamonitsa is located inside the cemetery of the village and is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin (feast 15 August). The folklorist Georgios Stamatakis considers that it was probably a Catholic monastery, since it is not…
Read more...

Saint George Kefaliotis church at Amariano
The church of Saint George (Agios Georgios) Kefaliotis is located at Kefali hill, within the boundaries of the villages Amariano and Kastamonitsa in the province of Pediada and belongs to the parish of Amariano.
Read more...

Panagia Kardiotissa church at Amariano
At position Kardaki near the village Amariano there is the Byzantine church of the Panagia Kardiotissa , which is dedicated to the Birth of the Theotokos (8th September).
Read more...

Varsamonero Monastery in Vorizia
The deserted monastery of Varsamonero is located about 53km southwest of Heraklion, on the southern slopes of Psiloritis Range. It was built in a panoramic area near Vorizia village, overlooking the plain of Messara.
Read more...

Saint George church at Falandra near Phestos
The church of St. George at F(a)landra position is located near Phaistos and was the temple of a small monastery. Next to the church are preserved tombs of the Venetian Era (1581).
Read more...

Temple and Graves of Ten Saints (Agii Deka)
The village Agii Deka (Ten Saints) is named after the ten Cretan Christians that martyred there during the persecutions carried out by Decius in 250 AD. At the point where they martyred, at position Alonion, there is the three-aisled basilica of the 12th century.
Read more...

Church of Saint John at Panassos
Just outside the charming village Panassos we meet the chapel of St. John Rigologos. St. John is accessed via a rough dirt road crossing a region with ancient olive trees and strange rocks formations full of ancient carvings. The area hosts the remains of a…
Read more...

Saint Andrew church at Vourvoulitis
The church of Saint Andrew (Agios Andreas) is located in a lush green area with plane trees near the village Vourvoulitis. Next to the church there is the small cave Kalegerospilios from which gushes water and is collected to a cistern, while the roof of…
Read more...

Saint Efthymios church at Zaros
On the eastern side of the gorge of Rouvas, high above the monastery of Saint Nicholas, we meet the location of Kalives, where the Saints Euthymius and Nikolaos Kourtaliotis lived in the 17th century (around 1670). For some researchers, these are the same person. Inside…
Read more...

Panagia Church at Apomarmas
In the middle of the village Apomarmas we meet the Byzantine church of Panagia Galaktousa, dating back from the 13th century. According to tradition the founder used milk instead of water in the mortar, thus the name Galaktousa (milky) was given. In fact the name…
Read more...

Church of the Holy Apostles at Ano Moulia
South of the center of the village Ano Moulia there is the small temple of the Holy Apostles, Peter and Paul, in the center of a small graphic square. Externally it looks like a modern temple, but its original construction dates back to the 13th…
Read more...

Saint Pantaleon church at Apolychnos
The abandoned settlement of Apolychnos is located at an altitude of 220m, in the beautiful canyon of Apolychnos with springs and plane trees. Above the springs there is the Byzantine church of Saint Panteleimon.
Read more...

Church of Saint Charalambos in Paliama
The impressive two-naved church of Agios Charalambos and Panagia is preserved in the green valley with the deserted settlement of Paliama. The temple interior bears fragmentary traces of frescoes, but its main feature is the presence of ancient architectural parts on the walls.
Read more...

Page 8 of 113

Also read:

Download Free Premium Joomla Templates • FREE High-quality Joomla! Designs BIGtheme.net