At the northwestern edge of the square Splantzia we meet the church of San Rocco. The construction of the temple took place in 1630, probably after the outbreak of a plague, as Saint Rokkos was the protector against plague. Under the cornice there is the inscription:
DEO O(PTIMO).M.(AXIMO) ET D(IVO). ROCCO DICATVM. M.D.CXXX.DEDICATED TO EXCELLENT AND MAXIMUM GOD AND ST ROCCO 1630
During the Ottoman Era it functioned as a military outpost, while during the Cretan State and until 1925 as a police station.