The tower of Pasqualigo in Neapolis
One mile southwest of Neapolis town, on the northern slopes of Mount Kavalaras, there is the beautiful grove of Pashaligo. The small forest takes its name after the Venetian feudal lord Fillipo Pasqualigo, the military governor of Candia (1592-1600), who used to live in a nearby Tower.
The tower of Pasqualigo and its surroundings were watered by several ditches carrying water from the nearby spring Vigli. In the area there are still ruins from several water mills, one olive oil factory (fabrica) and one water tank, belonging to the same building complex. This complex operated as the tower of Pasqualigo, who is still memorized by his emblem carved on a stone column.